NEW FOR 2018 AT EXTREME STEAM SCIENCE KIDS!
- Hydroponics: The main concept is to give students an alternative way to approach growing their food in otherwise uninhabitable environments such as congested urban cities, deserts, the arctic, or even terraforming Mars! We are going to teach about plant anatomy, the process of photosynthesis, and the acquisition of resources from artificial growing environments (water, light, CO2, nutrients…etc).
- Physics: Visitation by an Alvin Ailey and Actor’s Equity Dancer to teach the Physics of Dance. Will include teaching our students the Physics of the “Moon Walk.”
- Nutrition: A RDN will teach a class on healthy eating and the importance of Certified Organic Foods. Students will create a wholesome ESSK signature Snack.
- Engineering: Students will build Cardboard Dinosaur “Automata” machines, including a 6 Foot ESSK Dino, driven by Bicycle pedals.
- Navigation: Using GPS to navigate. Students will build their own compass.
- Photography: A representative of Nikon will describe lens technology. Students will learn some of the history of photography. Students will build their own “telescopes.”